Player Transfers (Newcastle Village Minor Hockey Association)

PrintPlayer Transfers
Player Transfers

If your child has been registered in another hockey centre, even at initiation levels, you will not be able to register with Newcastle Village Minor Hockey before a transfer process with the Ontario Minor Hockey Association has been completed.

It can take a couple of weeks for this process to complete.

Until the transfer is complete the on-line registration system will not accept your registration.

Step 1) Please send an e-mail to the Registrar at [email protected] and include the following

              Players Full Name          
              Players date of birth          
              Name of centre where the player is currently registered     

Step 2) Once received, the registrar will forward the OMHA Player transfer form.  This form is required for a residential move into our centre(per OMHA Regulation 3.7)  This form is not required, but highly recommended for house league players.  This form is mandatory for REP players.

Step 3) The registrar will coordinate the player transfer with the OMHA. 

Step 4) Once transfer is completed, registrar will send email with confirmation and registration can be completed.


Note: This form is not required if change of address is within the SAME CENTRE; simply send an email with new address details to [email protected]

If you are coming from GTHL, the transfer process must be initiated by GTHL first. You will need to contact them to start the process

Please note the following:


* Official Confirmation of School Enrolment  
* Letter to School Authorizing the OMHA to check on and confirm school enrolment during year 
* Copy of fully executed Rental Agreement, registered transfer of ownership, or Agreement of Purchase and Sale 
* Copy of Parent(s)’ updated Driver’s Licence(s) 
* Copy of a utility or similar bill (i.e. Hydro, telephone, cable, credit card, etc…) demonstrating the parent(s)’ name and new address 
* If applicable, an executed copy of any relevant separation agreement, custody order or divorce decree